1. Operating System
32/64 bits Windows Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Win2k, Win2k3, Win2k8, Win2012
Note about 64bits and GiroZ Drivers
GiroZ driver is an unsigned 32bit windows device driver. Windows 8 and later needs signed (certified) drivers to allow installation. It is possible to install unsiged drivers but you must disable “Driver Signature Verification”. Read your operating system manual to know how you must proceed.
* You can find detailed information on this link: Disable signature verification on Win8.1 (HowtoGeek.com)
2. Speech Engine (Voice)
ZRound uses the Windows standard SAPI 5 interface so you will need a SAPI 5 compatible software voice accoring your preferences. There are free voices (i.e Microsoft™ Sam) but they have a really poor quality. You should consider to spend some money in a reasonable quality commercial product.
Processor, Memory, Hard Disk and E/S interfaces requirements depends on the features and lapcounter you are going to use and how many info you will be host. Any PC/Laptop you can buy nowadays has pleny of power to run ZRound with all its features working smoothly. A minimun set could be:
- OS: Win XP
- CPU: Pentium III
- Ram: 128MB
- Hard Disk: 50MB free
- Video Card: Standard SVGA 800×600 (1024×768 minimun recommended)
- Network: Ethernet card to support remote clients (ZViewer and Mobile app)
- Comm ports: Depending on your lap counter you will need an USB, Serial Port or LPT Port free to connect it.
4. Lap Counter
If you want to register laps automatically you will need a Compatible Lapcounter system. We encourage you to keep an eye on the supported systems and consider to acquire one to connect to ZRound. However, it is optional as you can use the keyboard to control when cars complete a lap.
LapCounter vendor could include additional system requirements. Check the vendor's documentation